[Atlantia-Announce] Scrivener Royal Competition at Coronation

Geffrei Maudeleyne via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Feb 6 10:08:00 PST 2017

Part of being the Scrivener Royal is working with illuminated blanks of a
style that demand calligraphy you are not familiar with. With pre-painted
blanks, all is left is the calligraphy. It may be that the recipient's
persona or your available blank needs a hand different from your most used
one.

In consultation with Their Highnesses the following is the competition for
Scrivener Royal: CALLIGRAPHY.

RULES: *Prepare new original text for 3 different Kingdom awards but they
MUST follow the Atlantian scribe norms for award wording. *You will enter 3
samples of calligraphy - Uncial, Carolingian Miniscule and Gothic Quadratta,
have the text be different for each hand. *These will not be used for actual
award scrolls so space does not need to be left for illumination. *Text area
will be no larger than 5x7 *Any form of paper used for scrolls,
pergamentata, or velum is acceptable.

The standardized judging sheet for calligraphy will be used.

http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/judging/callig.htm

Documentation will not be judged but you may include it with your entry. You
must be present to enter.

The winner of the Scrivener Royal competition will be invested in the
evening court of the new King and Queen.

Contact me via my "Geffrei Maudeleyne" Face Book page for quickest response.