[Atlantia-Announce] Position Open - College of Heralds and Scribes

Cian via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Thu Apr 20 04:41:40 PDT 2017

Unto the good populace of Atlantia does Cian Triton, Principal Herald of
Atlantia, send his fondest greetings!

It is with sadness that I must announce that Lady Seraphina Delfino,
Submissions Herald for the Kingdom of Atlantia is stepping down from her
position.  She has served Atlantia as Golden Dolphin Herald for 2 and a
half years now, and has handled almost 1000 name and device submissions.
  She has done a truly amazing job in the office, and I am sad to see
her step down.  However, she is stepping down to take on a major staff
position with the Society College of Arms, a job that I know she will
excel in!

This leaves the Golden Dolphin Herald position vacant, and we must fill
it soon.

The Golden Dolphin Herald is responsible for processing all Kingdom
submissions for names and armory.  The person filling this position must
have good administrative skills as well as a strong knowledge of names
and devices, the relevant SCA rules and precedents, a strong work ethic
and a willingness to dedicate sufficient time each month to make
decisions on Kingdom level submissions, and create the Letter of Intent
to send submissions up to Society level.

As the Submissions Herald is an Officer of State position, the final
decision on the position will be made by Their Majesties, with input
from me.

If you are interested in possibly taking on this position, please send a
Letter of Intent as well as your resume to both myself (triton {at}
Atlantia.sca.org ) and Their Majesties Cuan and Signy { trm {at}
Atlantia.sca.org ) before Crown Tournament on May 6.

If you have any questions about what the position requires, please
direct your inquiries to Seraphina Golden Dolphin ( gdherald {at}
Atlantia.sca.org )

This is not an easy position, folks.  It’s hard work, and requires
extensive knowledge of the rules as well as really good interpersonal
skills.  But it will be a very rewarding one.

-Cian Triton

--
Cian Triton
Principal Herald