[Atlantia-Announce] 2017 Known World Dance and Music Symposium Update

Patches via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sat Apr 8 21:06:51 PDT 2017

The 2017 Known World Dance and Music Symposium is right around the corner,
this June 15-18, in Timonium, Maryland (NE of Baltimore).  I am very excited
about what we have planned.  We will have classes on all manner of European
dance and music (including choral music), as well as Middle Eastern dance
and music.  There will also be European balls and Haflas (a Middle Eastern
party) on Friday and Saturday nights.  On Sunday, there will be classes
until noon and a review ball after the classes.

We have some terrific things planned, including two special teachers from
England, a masterful Middle Eastern drummer from New York, a choral ball set
during Saturday's ball, and lots more.  Please see our website for more
details (www.kwdm.org).  Please read below for specific updates about
registration and the hotel.

Registration for the Symposium

The deadline for preregistration is now MAY 31.  Prices go up quite a bit
after the preregistration deadline.  There are three ways to register: by
mail, in person, and via PayPal.  Please see our website
(http://kwds.org/registration.php?kwds=12) for details on registration.

Proceedings

A proceedings book is a book containing all the class notes from the
symposium.  There will be an electronic version available for free on the
website (the link is not available yet).  You can also purchase a printed
version for $12 during preregistration or a limited supply will be available
for $15 at the door.  Details are on the registration page.

Hotel

Unfortunately, the main hotel, Radisson Baltimore North, is now fully
occupied.  However, we have two options.  If you would like to be put on a
waiting list for rooms at the Radisson, please send me an email.  We also
got a block of rooms at a nearby hotel, the Red Roof Inn.  The rate is
$84.99 for Thursday and $110.49 for Friday and Saturday nights for 2 adults;
3 or 4 adults are an additional $4.25 each.  This rate is only guaranteed if
there are at least 10 room nights rented.  If there aren't enough room
nights rented, then the hotel may choose either to honor the rate or
increase it by 15%.  Please see our website
(http://kwds.org/lodging.php?kwds=12) for details on phone number, block
code, and address for the Red Roof Inn.

Registration to Teach a Classes

Classes that are registered by April 15 will have the class notes included
in the proceedings book.  After that date, it will be up to the proceedings
editor to include classes registered.  You need to have an account to
register a class.  Once you create an account, you can submit a class using
"submit a class" on the left hand side.  If you want to take a class or just
join in the fun, you do not need an account on the website.

Patches

Autocrat for 2017 Known World Dance and Music Symposium