[Atlantia-Announce] Pre-Pennsic Archery in the South & Grimmsfield (& Bright Hills?)

Grimm via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Jun 15 12:25:47 PDT 2016

Hey Bright Hills,

I see you also have a practice on the 26th from 1 to 4. Want to join us in
shooting the SPACSS? We could declare the 26th an Atlantial SPACSS Shooting
Day and shoot it all over the kingdom! We have NC and VA covered, how about
MD?

Your servant,

Grimm

Any other Baronies having archery practice on the 26th? Please try and add
the SPACSS to your shoot and truly flood the Mid Realm with scores.

Wonderful news my friends of the Bow:

                Mistress Lorelei Greenleafe, worried about Southern
Atlantians having so far to travel to get to Grimmsfield, has decided that
her practice on June 26 will also have the SPACSS shoot for those who want
to add to Atlantia's glory. The practice will be held in the Winston-Salem
area from 5 pm till dusk. As with Grimmsfield, snacks are never turned away.
For directions or more information, please contact Mistress Lorelei at
ladygreenleafe at gmail.com.

Thank you and good shooting.

Your servant,

Grimm

Greetings unto the fair populace of Atlantia.

Soon after we allied with the kingdom of the Middle, a challenge was issued
to the archers of Atlantia to show their prowess on the archery range by
taking part in the   Standard Pennsic Archery Champions Style Shoot, SPACSS
for short. This is a golden opportunity to show not only our might on the
archery range, but our weight as well. It is often spoken of our prowess as
an archery kingdom, and now it is time to put our money where our mouth is.
The Middle has already posted 39 scores from archers in their lands, and
even Meridies has a shooter. Until Grimmsfield shot this last Monday,
Atlantia was completely absent from this challenge. YES, I know the shoot is
a preliminary for the champions shoot, and not everyone is going to Pennsic
or trying out for the team; however, it is also a chance for all of Atlantia
to show its dominance in the archery world. Our own Deputy Earl Marshal of
Target Archery,  Lord Seamus McRay called for all archers to take the field
and show Atlantias might on the range. Let us overwhelm the middle with the
sheer volume of archers that Atlantia can field as well as claiming all of
the honors of the top spots in this shoot.

To this end, I have set up the challenge at Grimmsfield and invite all
archers and those interested in archery, or those just interested in showing
the might and power of Atlantia to shoot this challenge on Sunday June 26th
from 11 am till dusk. We have a full complement of loaner gear as well as
people willing to help you learn to shoot. This need not be an all-day event
if other business presses, but please come and join us for an hour or 2 if
you can. If you cannot make it during this time but want your name to
represent Atlantia, please pm me and I can arrange a time for you to shoot
the shoot.

Grimmsfield will be cooking hotdogs and Bratwurst in sauerkraut over the
fire to as a repast from the shooting. Anyone coming is invited to bring
snacks or a side dish to go along with this.

For more information please see: http://www.grimmsfield.com/SPACSS.html

Looking forward to shooting with you,

Your servant,

Grimm

TL:DR: Archery at Grimmsfield 6/26/16 11 a.m. to dusk. Pennsic Practice &
Potluck Supper