[Atlantia-Announce] SCA 50 Year: What's it gonna be like?

Adriana la Bretonne via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Jun 1 05:30:11 PDT 2016

What will SCA 50 Year be like?

Event co-steward Duchess Elina of Beckenham says, "it'll be like nothing
else."

"We are anticipating 3,000 to 3,500 people based on pregreg numbers,
hundreds of classes, fighting and fighting games for all combat forms all
day long. There's a full schedule of youth activities, over 150 horse and
equestrian activities, including jousting."

"We have the Artisans Square where  both daily and week-long projects will
be going on: textile dyeing, iron smelting and smithing, and daily sessions
where folks can try various arts and sciences. We're featuring the Great
Machine from Calontir too."

"The marketplace is packed with more than 80 merchants.  And then all the
one-of-a-kind only at 50 Year activities:
a full size replica of the Sutton Hoo dig (complete with artifacts). SIX of
the founders will be there. SIX."

"An outstanding Performing Arts schedule brings special  performances from
Clan Tinker, Heather Dale, Whisky Bards, and partners with an all-night
Tavern. Plus there are performances all day every day on the Village stage."

"And there's a great deal more including an opening ceremony narrated by
Diana Paxton, our founder."

"It's definitely a once in a lifetime event."

Photo courtesy  Marissa Wheatley Williams (Marissa von Atzinger).

​
--
Adriana la Bretonne, OP

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should
have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him."   ~
Dereke Bruce