[Atlantia-Announce] SCA 50 Year: Great Hall Schedule

Adriana la Bretonne via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Apr 11 13:03:40 PDT 2016

SCA 50 Year Event Website: http://www.sca50year.org/

It's the Great Hall Celebrations schedule! Yes, it'll be online soon. But
you can block out your schedule now!

Every evening, beginning at 9 p.m., there will be a grand celebration in
the Great Hall to highlight  communities, traditions, and aspects of the
SCA.

Welcome Celebration (Friday, June 17) - We kick off our evening
celebrations with a chance to sit down, relax, and enjoy catching up with
old friends after the first day of activities.  There will be pick-up music
and dancing as our energy levels permit, as well as light refreshments.

Founders Celebration (Saturday, June 18) - Join many of the SCA’s founders
for chance to recognize their part in helping create and grow the Society
we know and love.  Light refreshments, plus Musica Subterranea plays for
dancing.

Known World Hafla (Sunday, June 19) - Time for some Middle Eastern dancing,
music and food!  Whether you’re an experienced dancer or it’s your first
time, come enjoy good company and a festive atmosphere.

A Midsummer Night's Dream Solstice Dance: English Dancing (Monday, June 20)
- If English dancing and music is your forte, look no further than
tonight!  In addition, enjoy refreshments and Shakespearean entertainment
throughout the evening from our performing arts community.

Artisans Celebration (Tuesday, June 21) - The arts and sciences are a
cornerstone of our Society. Tonight we recognize those who have contributed
so much to the beauty and artistry of our history, including a special
ceremony to honor SCA artisans.

Music, dancing, refreshments, as well as a special ceremony to honor some
of our greatest SCA artisans.

>From Distant Lands: A Celebration of the SCA’s Diversity (Wednesday, June
22) - The SCA is a melting pot of not only of various pre-1600s periods and
places, but also of its international membership and people from all walks
of life.  Come in your persona’s finest garb and enjoy a veritable
crossroads of period food from various cultures and time periods, and a
wide variety of music and dancing.

Italian Masked Ball (Thursday, June 23) - Don your finest Venetian mask and
join us for Italian music and dancing for a night of revelry, costumes,
refreshments, and entertainment.

Volunteers Celebration (Friday, June 24) - This is the night we recognize
all those who have given of their time and talents to make this event such
a success.  There will be music, dancing, and refreshments, as well as an
opportunity to thank all those who volunteered.

Irish Wake (Saturday, June 25) - As we say farewell to friends from near
and far, what better way to mark the end of the event with an Irish wake!
Join us on the final evening for dancing, refreshments, and live music as
we wind down and prepare to head back home… until the next time!

If you have any questions, please contact celebrations at sca50year.org.

--
Adriana la Bretonne, OP

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should
have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him."   ~
Dereke Bruce