[Atlantia-Announce] A&S Classes at Nacht in Der Stadt (April 23rd)

chrissings@juno.com via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Apr 10 05:15:52 PDT 2016

Greetings Good Gentles of Atlantia! Our Arts and Sciences Coordinator, Lady Shannon inghaen Bhriain ui Dhuilleain has organized a wonderful class schedule for Nacht in der Stadt (below):  You will note that some classes have a size limit.  For those classes, a sign-up sheet will be placed at troll.  First come, first serve, so arrive early!  (Troll opens at 9:00 a.m.) Class title: Weave Structures: Choosing Modern Commercial Fabric for Early Period Costuming
 Instructor: Lady Lanea verch Kerrigan
 Description: Learn about fibers, weave structures, and dyes used in Early period cultures in Europe and how to best find or replicate period fabrics for use in SCA costuming. We will discuss what to look for, where to find it, and how to alter modern commercial fabrics to more closely match period textile finds. We will also discuss how to clean and care for wools, linens, and silks so that your garb lasts for years.
 Time: 10:00AM
 Duration: One hour
 Class size limit? None
 Fee? None Class title: The History of Early Period Embroidery
 Instructor: Lady Lanea verch Kerrigan
 Description: Learn about early period embroidery motifs and the techniques necessary to recreate them for use in the SCA. We’ll discuss the fabrics, embroidery threads, and dyes commonly used in different regions and how to work with the period materials or approximate them where the original sources are unavailable. We’ll also discuss transferring designs to a garment, appliqueing separate embroidered pieces to garments, troubleshooting when your threads turn on you, and making beautiful embroidered garments that will hold up to camping, laundering, and fighting.
 Time: 11:00AM
 Duration: One hour
 Class size limit? None
 Fee? None Class title: Beginner Fingerloop Braiding
 Instructor: Lady Shannon inghaen Bhriain ui Dhuilleain
 Description: Learn a basic fingerloop pattern that can be adjusted to make two different braids! You will leave class with at least one completed cord, long enough to be worn with a medallion about the neck.
 Time: 1:00 PM
 Duration: One hour
 Class size limit? 5
 Fee? None Class title: Beer Brewing 101
 Instructor: Lord Gormr Dómarsson
 Time: 2:00 PM
 Duration: One hour
 Class size limit? 15
 Fee? None Class title: Beginning Viking Wire Weave
 Instructor: Lady Shannon inghaen Bhriain ui Dhuilleain
 Time: 3:00 PM
 Duration: One hour
 Class size limit? 5
 Fee? $5 Class title: Weaving Demonstration
 Instructor: Mistress Mary Isabel of Heatherstone (Molly)
 Time: Ongoing throughout the day
 Duration: Ongoing throughout the day
 Class size limit? N/A
 Fee? No Please come and take advantage of these wonderful learning opportunities! Yours in Service, Mistress Arianna Morgan and Lady Gwen verch Llywelyn
Co-Autocrats, Nacht in der Stadt
Wall Street Daily
Peter Schiff: China Just Armed its Financial Missile
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/570a4404d43224404762fst01vuc