[Atlantia-Announce] Arts and Sciences : Atlantian 12th Night

via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Nov 25 18:49:18 PST 2015

The A&S competitions at 12th Night promises to bring out the creative talents of our populace!  Be sure to check out all the fabulous talent that will be on display at 12th Night!

A&S categories will include:
   -  Costuming: Anything attributable to the 16th Century
   - Scroll work: Best Interpretation of a Period Peace Treaty
   -  Best Interpretation of a 16th Century Painting or Sculpture in any Medium
   - Best Fiber or Leather Arts Incorporating the Color Gold

Youth Open Display
 There will be an open display table for our youth artisans. Any youth from ages 1 to 17 is invited to bring their medieval themed artwork (of any medium) to be displayed. This will not be a judged A&S competition and the populace is encouraged to leave comments and tokens for our young artisans!

We will also have a brand new category that will be sponsored by Merwenna de Rannowe!
"At this coming Twelfth Night, there will be a competition for charity in memory of Mistress Nuala of Needwood, a brilliant Atlantian scribe, archer, and musician, who passed away last year. Mistress Nuala was an inspiration to everyone she met, and we would very much like to honor her memory through the arts she loved. Entries can be ANY sort of A&S project; and the themes of the competition are anything that relates to archery, music, or the scribal arts.
The competition will be judged by the populace during this year’s 12th Night, where anyone can donate in order to be allotted a number of Special Voting Beans; and then use the beans to vote for their favorite entry! The more you donate, the more special beans you can use to vote! In addition to the Populace Prize, there will be a Most Period Prize, a Best Use of Theme Prize, and a Most Nuala-ish Prize!Once the winner of the Populace Prize has been determined, the winner will select a charity for the donations to be used in the fight against cancer. ALL of this competition’s proceedings are going to help others who are fighting Nuala’s fight.We hope artisans will take this opportunity to work on that crazy-awesome project that you’ve always wanted to try in the back of your mind, but never seem to have enough time to do! Mistress Nuala threw herself into her craft with great dedication and a sparkling, generous spirit, and we hope she would be happy to know that the artisans of Atlantia are doing the same in her honor!Please contact Merwenna (csrapp at vt.edu), Letia (spyder.bug at gmail.com), or Isemay (the.fink.mobile at gmail.com) if you have any questions at all!"
Lady Caitriona inghean Ghiolla Phadraig