[Atlantia-Announce] Atlantian 12th Night

via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Nov 16 07:58:05 PST 2015

Greetings to the populace of fair Atlantia!
The upcoming 12th Night festivities will be sponsored by the Barony of Nottinghill Coill in upstate South Carolina on January 8-10, 2016. There are so many plans in the works to make this the event that you will not want to miss!

Not long after the turn of the 16th Century, two of the World’s most powerful men decided to meet to discuss peace and alliances. The meeting of Henry VIII of England and Francis of France on “The Field of the Cloth of Gold” remains one of the most remembered peace summits in history, due largely to each man’s desire to “one-up” the other in terms of displays of wealth, pageantry, and chivalry. Gentles traveled from far and wide, some supporting France, some supporting England, and some just to see what kind of spectacle would take place. Both Regents were touted as great men of Renaissance, and therefore each side brought with them the most shining examples of showmanship. There were displays of Artistic Talent, Martial Talent, and Games in a carnival-like atmosphere on a scale seldom seen in this time period.
So come join us as we recreate the atmosphere of this fabled meeting at Atlantian Twelfth Night – a Celebration of the Chivalry and Pageantry of the 16th Century. The theme is anything attributable to the 16th Century. There will be Arts, Sciences, Performances, Fighting (yes, heavy and rapier), and even Dinner Theatre!
Checkout our website : Atlantian Twelfth Night

|   |
| Atlantian Twelfth NightAtlantian Twelfth Night Not long after the turn of the 16th Century, two of the World's most powerful men decided to meet to discuss peace and alliances.  |
|  |
| View on www.knownworldartists.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

There is also a lively FaceBook page that you can join and keep up with the latest updates!  https://www.facebook.com/events/1201797839835317/

So make you plans early to attend!
In Service,Lady Caitriona inghean Ghiolla Phadraig