[Atlantia-Announce] Buckston Birthday

William Carson via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Nov 9 17:45:12 PST 2015

All,

Its Monday, and as always, the beginning of the week seeks to pull the
energy right out of you. But do not fret, Buckston Birthday is moving full
steam ahead!

Feast has been the talk of the town, and in the event you have missed out
on the details, please see the Buckston Birthday site under the feast
section for details. What I can tell you, is that this feast will set the
bar for every other feast in Atlantia. Thats right, this is an open call to
any previous feast-o-crats, cook aficionados, and anyone else who prides
themselves on satisfying the hunger of guests in a period way. Come on out
to the Buckston Birthday and view the mighty spatula of the Flemming house,
who wields their utensils with might and grace.

Truthfully, come eat something. These folks have put a lot of hard work and
research into this feast. We are still taking reservations for feast, so
please contact Lady Tessa for information on that. Her details are seen
below.

Please make checks payable to Canton of Buckston -on-Eno,SCA,inc. Send the
check to the following address.

Lady Tessa de Spina
MKA: Janice Harris
502 Calvert Ct,
Hillsborough, NC 27278

The fighting regiment is shaping up to be pretty exciting with melees,
tournaments, and time for pickups throughout the day. We will have both
rapier and heavy, so whatever tickles your fancy will be available.

A&S will be something different as well, with onsite challenges for hat
creation as well as "make at home" challenges for salt sellers and water
holders, known as Aquamaniles. There won't be a shortage of things to get
crafty with. I feel like Austin Powers with that last statement.....
"Crafty baby Yeah" in my best English accent. lol.

Kids will have some really cool activities as well. We will have a crown
and goblet decoration project, as well as a scavenger hunt, shield
coloring, and a sack race. Now, keep this in mind, we are all for the
kiddos having a good time, but we are going to ask that at least one parent
or guardian be present with their child during the activities. We provide
the activities and leadership, you provide the parenting. Easy peasy, lemon
squeezy.

There will also be some dance classes, plays, entertainment, and a variety
of other surprise goodies throughout the day. Buckston has become one of
Atlantia's premiere Cantons and you should expect one hell of a good time
at our event.

Check out the site...

http://buckston.atlantia.sca.org/buckston-birthday

YIS,