[Atlantia-Announce] Calling all Scribes! Novice to Know-How

Kit Wellner via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sat May 30 09:06:06 PDT 2015

Greetings!

I am Sajah bint-Habushun, the new Education Deputy in the Office of the Clerk Signet.  As such I am the point of contact for new scribes who need advice, education, or a little one-to-one assistance.

If you are a new scribe or have a notion to take up this art and want to learn more about it please reply privately with the following information:

Mundane Name:
SCA Name:
Skill level:
Location, mundane and SCAdian:
Contact phone:
Contact email:
FB if a preferred contact method:
Any online gallery of work:
Calligraphy, Illumination, or both:

In order to facilitate this I need a list of active scribes who would be willing to do any of the following:

1.  Teach a class at an event or University/Collegium
2.  Be a local PoC for new scribes to go to with questions or projects that require an eye-balling
3.  Would/are holding scriptorums
4.  Willing to take on a one-to-one short-term tutoring job to get a novice off and running in the right direction - could be local or long distance  (Please note this is NOT a formal SCA mentoring relationship, just a short-term educational assistance endeavor!)
5.  Sponsor a scribal A&S competition for Novice-level scribes

If any of this is in your wheelhouse please respond privately with the following information so I can get a database going and start helping get our new folks on the road to success:

Mundane Name:
SCA Name:
Skill level:
Location, mundane and SCAdian:
Contact phone:
Contact email:
FB if a preferred contact method:
Any online gallery of work:
Which of the list above you are willing to sign up for:
Calligraphy, Illumination, or both:
Favored materials:
Favored dates/styles for exemplars, if any:
Any other info you feel is important, such as what kinds of classes you would like to teach if you sign up for #1:

I am hoping to match our novices' interest with scribes who have
experience in the same area of interest, even if you do not live nearby
as well as give them a local scribe/scriptorum to interact with.  Thank you all and please crosspost this to all local lists!

Sajah of the Many Names
Minion of Her Grace Seonaid ni Fhionn, MoL, Woman Who Makes Paints, and unofficial Atlantian Minister of Hugs