[Atlantia-Announce] Scroll Blank Competition at Coronation

Kit Wellner via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Jun 23 06:04:08 PDT 2015

Greetings my Kingdom!
The Furstin Adelhait loves the animals of this kingdom - those of the air, the land, and the sea.  She has asked that we celebrate animals and the husbanding of them in all forms both martial and artistic.  To in some small way meet Her wishes I am sponsoring a scribal competition at Coronation, October 2-4, in the Barony of Marinus  - 57 Pipsico Road, Spring Grove, VA 23881.  The competition is for blank scrolls for Atlantian non-armigerous and AoA-level awards.  ALL BLANKS MUST CELEBRATE ANIMALS, REAL OR FANCIFUL, THAT MIGHT ROAM THE LANDS OF THIS KINGDOM.  Farm, domestic, or wild, realistic or fantastical, embrace your finned-feathered-furred side, find the nearest beastiary, and throw some inspiration down! Expectations of content and design for these blanks can be found in the Atlantian Scribal Handbook - http://scribe.atlantia.sca.org/resources/ASHandbook2008.pdf - pp. 13-42.  There will be separate categories for Novice (scribes who have worked 1 year or less) and Established scribes.  Minimal documentation is required and can be recorded on the EZ-Doc form - http://larsdatter.com/ezdoc/basic.pdf.  Judging will be conducted based on Atlantian standards for Illumination - http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/judging/illum.pdf.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact me - hippopotamama [at] hotmail.com.
PLEASE CROSS POST!

Sajah of the Many Names
Minion of Her Grace Seonaid ni Fhionn, MoL, Education Deputy for Novice Scribes, Woman Who Makes Paints, and unofficial Atlantian Minister of Hugs