[Atlantia-Announce] Final words from your Kingdom Chirurgeon

Cindy Jenkins via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Wed Jul 22 19:21:11 PDT 2015

To the Populace of Atlantia does Baroness Elizabeth of Rosewood send
Greetings. As many of you now know, the Office of the Chirurgeonate was
officially disbanded per the orders of the Board of Directors.
I know that many are disheartened at this fact but I wish to say that it
was not an easy decision nor a knee jerk reaction upon the BoD's part that
led them to this decision. I don't fault them for this, they had
to look at whole picture and do what was best for the SCA as a whole.

I would like to take a moment to thank the members of the Atlantian
Chirurgeonate for their dedication, diligence and devotion to the passion
of being a chirurgeon. Some of these good gentles have given years, while
others have given months of their time to care for the populace of this
great kingdom to the best of their abilities. It isn't about the band-aid
that was dispensed or the bottle of water that was shared, it was the
compassion of just being human, of doing what was right. If you see these
good gentles at events in the future, give them a thank you, a pat on the
back or even a drink of water, to thank them for their work. You will be
able to find us for it has been decreed by the BoD, that the Fleam, the
identifying symbol of a Chirurgeon still be allowed to be worn by those
volunteers.

It has been a great honor to have served as a Great officer of Atlantia
which has given me a new perspective into the mechanics of how a kingdom is
run.

However, just because the office itself is going away, does not mean that
the Chirurgeons themselves are. We members of the Chirurgeonate have been
working diligently to re-work and re-ignite the guild format
that was once in place many years ago. We will continue to work with the
Marshallate, Event Stewards and others as before, but only under
individuals personal coverage. I would like folks to know that I plan on
remaining as the guildleader until January of 2017 when a successor is
nominated.  If any one has questions or concerns after Aug 10th, I can be
reached at atlantianguildleader at gmail.com.

Be well and stay hydrated.

Baroness Elizabeth of Rosewood, KC
Kingdom of Atlantia