[Atlantia-Announce] Updates from the Kingdom Event Bid Office

Kingdom of Atlantia Event Bids via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Fri Dec 4 07:40:32 PST 2015

Greetings from the Kingdom Event Bid Office!

We have made some updates to our website. You will find the following
information on the Kingdom Event Bid Website:

* 2017 Kingdom Event Bids Deadline spreadsheet is up with all appropriate
information

* The new spreadsheet now indicates extension dates (when extensions are
used), provides the name of the Approved Bid Autocrat, and provides the
Approved Bid Location

* A document has been added that identifies/defines the Northern, Central,
Southern Regions as they are used in determining preferred bid locations

* A document has been added that identifies the preferred bid location,
event dates, bid deadlines, and decision deadlines for 2017-2024

The following updates will be added to the website by next week:

* Link to the SCA Insurance Page

* The How to Host a Kingdom Level Event Kingdom of Atlantia, SCA, Inc. to
include insurance information.

In the meantime, until this information is updated please remember to do
the following when Autocratting a Kingdom event: To avoid the $175 Late
Fee, read the site owner’s contract and order the insurance *immediately*.
The EVIDENCE ONLY CERTIFICATES are to be used only to show potential site
owners what the SCA insurance coverage is.  When the EVIDENCE ONLY
CERTIFICATE isn’t enough and the Site Owner requires their own Certificate,
the Ordering Instructions and further information may be found here:
http://www.sca.org/docs/insurance.html

Additionally, we are still seeking bids for the following 2016 events:

*  Fall University 2016, Event Date/9-17-2016, Preferred Location/Central
VA-Northern NC, Bid Deadline/12-31-2015, Decision Deadline/1-21-2016
(Please ensure you reach out to the University Chancellor for this bid)

*  Fall Crown 2016, Event Date/11-5-2016, Preferred Location/Northern
VA-Maryland, Bid Deadline/12-31-2015, Decision Deadline/1-21-2016

*  Unevent 2016, Event Date/12-3-2016, Preferred Location/Southern, Bid
Deadline/12-31-2015, Decision Deadline/1-21-2016

I will be at Unevent this weekend, if you have any questions about Kingdom
Event Bids and would like to talk in-person, please let me know and I will
ensure that happens at Unevent.

(Please share this message with your local elists. Thank you)

Yours in Service & Friendship,

Eme Hänsler

Herrin Emeludt Hänsler (mka Emmie Smith)

Kingdom Event Bid Coordinator, Kingdom of Atlantia

* kingdomevents at atlantia.sca.org

( 919-909-3268

Please visit the Event Bid Website for more information: Kingdom of
Atlantia Event Bid Page
<http://www.atlantia.sca.org/offices/seneschal/kingdom-event-bids>