[Atlantia-Announce] St. Sebastian's V Pennsic Archery Shoot

Jay Nardone via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sun Aug 9 13:12:43 PDT 2015

This year marked the 5th Anniversary of the St. Sebastian's target archery
shoot at Pennsic. Once again Atlantia archers showcased our Kingdom in the
highest light they could. We supported 275+ archers during the day to
include populous through Royalty from many Kingdoms. We have now supported
over 1300 archers since its inception and start 5 years ago. There were 31
Atlantian marshals, 3 marshals from the Mid and 3 from the East assisting in
the shoot. On average there were over 45,000 arrows loosed during the day
based on the 16 target stations. When the Pennsic staff would not provide
water and ice to the attendees at the range, the Baron and Baroness took it
upon themselves to gather the water containers and drive to their camp and
fill them all so the archers and marshals had water for the day. Lady Esa
provided lemonade and light snacks for the marshals as well.

The success for this shoot comes from the willingness of its leaders and
archers that support it. Even archers that could not attend Pennsic
contributed targets and award prizes. My wife Lady Aemilia Rosa gave up her
day to work the check in table and tabulate scores for the day. Once again
marshals from Atlantia forgave the chance to shoot and chose to work the
entire day on the range so that others might enjoy. A bow was donated from
Elk Ridge archery along with eight $25 gift certificates from Elk Ridge
archery. The funds donated once again from Atlantia archers and supporters.

Planning for this shoot starts in November of the previous year. I typically
start sending announcements about the theme and gathering help along the
way. Over the winter planning continues and work continues until all is
planned, and finalized. Score sheets are made and target station cards are
also printed. Award arrows and scrolls are produced along with marshal
favors and gifts.  All at the expense of myself and the other generous
Atlantian archers supporting this shoot.

I could never conduct the shoot without the help of so many and I am proud
to be part of such a dedicated and committed team! Vivat Atlantia archers
you deserve it!

Janyn Fletcher, DEM TA Atlantia