[Atlantia-Announce] Gemütlichplatz - April 25th & 26th

K. N. Schmid via Announce announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Apr 6 17:48:19 PDT 2015

“Gemütlich”

Warm; cozy; satisfied. A feeling of contentment.

Come join Isenfir as we celebrate the upcoming anniversary of the
Reinheitsgebot. Drafted in 1487 and adopted on April 23, 1516, the Bavarian
“Purity Order” specified that beer could only be made with water, barley
and hops. Put forth as a quality control law, many believe its true purpose
was to end a price war between brewers and bakers over the price of wheat
and rye. The law defined German beer until well into the 20th Century and
continues to influence beer production and taxation even today.

The 500th anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot is coming up in 2016, but we
figured we’d start getting ready now and begin the celebrations with an
event of classes, candle light feasting, dancing, and beer hall
camaraderie.

An exquisite feast shall be prepared by our fabulous chefs consisting of
many dishes that shall leave you warm and satisfied. For late night beer
tasting bread and snacks shall be served.  The menu is also posted on the
website.  For dietary concerns please contact Karen AT Oakhaven DOT org. We
ask that everyone pre-registers for feast. NO feast spots will be available
at the gate. Lunch Saturday and breakfasts both Saturday and Sunday are
included in your site fee, even if you do not buy a feast spot.

Classes will be posted on the event site as soon as we finalize the
schedule.  There will be a variety from beer brewing to period cooking over
a fire.

Overnight camping from Saturday to Sunday is available in cabins or field
space.   Cabin space is included in your camping fee; a bunk is
automatically reserved for you when you pay your camping fee. Mattresses in
the cabin are provided but you need to bring your own bedding. There is
also space for tent camping if you prefer.

ACCEPS is up (http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php) and taking
pre-registrations through April 15th. You may also register by mail. There
is a site limit of 99 persons and an overnight limit of 80, so
pre-registering is recommended. The site opens at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and
closes at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.

The event site is http://isenfir.atlantia.sca.org/events/gemutlich.php

Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about the event.

Event Steward: Lord Brynjolf the Redbearded (Matt Garland, theredbearded AT
gmail, 540-290-5770)

Reservationist: Lady Marion de Heriz (Meg Harris, msharr AT gmail,
434-825-3034)

Yours in service,

Nicolosa d'Isenfir
Assistant to the event steward